CV NEWS FEED // Internet sensation and children’s rights activist “Billboard Chris” was forcibly removed from an Australian street this week while wearing a sandwich poster board stating “children cannot consent to puberty blockers.” He goes to court on March 31 over Australia’s censorship of his posts on X last year.
The Alliance Defending Freedom (ADF) International reports that Chris Elston, a Canadian father of two who has 500,000 followers on X, was filming a “man on the street” video in Australia ahead of his trial.
Elston said he was not forcing anyone to converse with him but merely standing on the sidewalk with a poster and waiting for people to approach him so that they could engage in consensual conversation. Police approached him, told him he was obstructing foot traffic, and charged him $806 in Australian dollars.
Elston paid the fine but refused to move. He explained in his X post, “I could not agree to their terms with a clear conscience. I refuse to accept zealous abuse of power by those in authority, simply because I’m peacefully spreading a true message that vulnerable children are being maimed, sterilized, and turned into lifelong pharmaceutical patients.”
The police then forcibly removed him from the sidewalk.
ADF explains that Elston is going to court over Australia’s censorship of an X post from February 2024, in which Elston shared an article criticizing Australian Teddy Cook, a woman who says she is a man and posts pictures of dangerous sexual practices on her social media accounts. Cook was appointed to the World Health Organization “panel of experts” on policies regarding gender mutilation.
Cook complained to Australia’s eSafety Commissioner about the article Elston shared, and the commissioner requested that X remove the post. The platform initially refused until the commissioner submitted a subsequent formal removal order, which prompted them to geo-block the post in Australia.
Now, the ADF International and the Human Rights Law Alliance in Australia are representing Elston and X against the Australian government in the five-day hearing beginning March 31.

The post Children’s advocate ‘Billboard Chris’ forcibly removed from public street by Australian police ahead of free speech trial appeared first on CatholicVote org.